Dental implants are becoming the more popular way to replace missing teeth for a number of reasons. Implants are utilized to create a foundation for new teeth where natural teeth are missing or have been extracted. The implant offers the patient the opportunity to regain normal function of the tooth. The alternative to an implant would be a bridge or a denture.
Benefits of a dental implant:
- The implant will osseointegrate (bond) to the existing bone.
- The new implant will support your teeth firmly and safely.
- Implants do not require the cutting of healthy, natural teeth as in the case of a bridge.
- The new implant will prevent progressive bone loss in the area of the missing tooth.
- Implants are highly successful in most areas of the mouth.