Covid Fears at Medical Offices
As a society, we are overwhelmed with the news about COVID-19, friends and family about covid, and going out to stores and restaurants about covid. There are restrictions and worries being mentioned, shared, and posted everywhere. It’s enough to make us afraid of going outside or at least going inside where there is anyone outside of our family and friend groups.
Being careful and using common sense is okay. Being paranoid is what we need to work to avoid. There is a lot of noise coming at us from different sources and it is difficult to know what to believe.
A concern with many is that medical facilities are dangerous places to be during the pandemic. The fear is that people in these facilities, patients or staff, are more likely to be infected with coronavirus, and that there is an increased health risk by visiting.
There are many health clinics, general practitioner doctor’s offices, and hospitals out there where you will find those with covid infections looking for treatment or testing.
However, there are far more specialty medical offices out there, such as dental offices, where you don’t find these types of patients. Our building, in particular, here on Coyle Avenue in Carmichael, has medical offices, but not for the treatment of those with coronavirus. In fact, our dental office, as well as every other office in the building, will not see patients with a covid infection.
Furthermore, several measures are in-place to ensure the health and safety of patients and staff, at all times. These include:
- Staff are constantly screened for any symptoms of coronavirus.
- Staff are routinely tested for coronavirus.
- At all times, staff wear hospital-level personal protective gear to protect themselves and patients.
- All patients are screened in advance of their entering the building with temperature checks before entering treatment areas.
- Patients are required to wear a face mask throughout their visit with the only exception being during actual treatment times.
- Our office has a medical-grade ventilation system that constantly purifies the air.
- All surfaces and equipment are constantly disinfected.
We have always taken the health of our patients and staff seriously. Sanitary vigilance was present before the pandemic and continues at heightened levels above government and industry recommendations.
It is important that our patients always feel safe and comforted in our care. If you have any questions about our Practice, please call to ask: 916-966-4341.
We wish everyone good health until we are through this heightened period of concern.